Thank you to everyone that responded to my desperate plea for makeup advice.
The biggest takeaway from all your hints and tips was that I should make an attempt to kidnap Guardian’s beauty columnist, Sali Hughes, and demand she make me up every morning. While that would result in me no doubt looking a bit more glam, I’d be doing so in prison so I decided to look for an alternative solution.
Take one credit card and one online cosmetics shop, throw in a clueless thirty-something, and what do you get?
This of course.
1. Philip B African Shea Butter Gentle & Conditioning Shampoo
2. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure Face Primer
3. Aveda Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Colour in Sheer Filaree
4. Essie nail polish in Fed Up
5. Clinique Chubby Stick in Woppin’ Watermelon
6. Philip B Lovin’ Leave-In Conditioner
7. New Cid Cosmetic I-Gel Eye Liner Trio
8. Urban Decay The Naked Palette
Quite a haul. But considering I haven’t invested in any new products for a couple of years, I felt like making up for lost time.
So I’ll give them a whirl and let you know how I get on. If I can perfect a couple of looks without looking like a bad drag queen, I’ll even consider posting pictures.
In the meantime, if you come across any gems, let me know.
Although, I think I’ll soon need to invest in a bigger makeup bag to hold all my new purchases.