I have many reasons to be cheerful this week, not in the least because February (the worst of all the months) is nearly over and the lovely Spring-bringing March will soon be with us, but because nice things have already happened and even nicer things are to come.
1. This week, I taught my 16 month old son to clink glasses and say ‘cheers’. He’s delighted by his new-found skill and I’m highly amused by it. Nobody can accuse me of not teaching him valuable life-lessons.
2. I went our for dinner with friends from work on Tuesday. Yes, it was nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Yes, the company was great. Yes, I enjoyed the yummy Thai food. But, most importantly, I got to give my new boots an airing. I think I might actually love them – see … they even look good with Christmas pyjamas.
3. My mother arrives tomorrow to spend a few days with us.
4. My mother arrives tomorrow bringing a suitcase full of cream eggs!
5. It’s my duty as a doting daughter and excellent host to take my mother out somewhere nice for dinner while she’s over. I’m thinking pre-dinner drinks in Jules Verne Panorama Bar overlooking Zürich and then dinner in a lovely French restaurant called Brasserie Lipp.
6. I ordered some new clothes last week (one top, two dresses) and they should arrive any day now. Very, very cheerful about this but if my husband’s reading … what? these old things, darling?
Now head on over to visit Mich at Mummy From The Heart to be consumed by even more cheer.